A career strategy is a structured plan designed to help individuals achieve their career goals. Career counseling is a means of developing the culture, skills, and resources of an organization, allowing its people to navigate competently in their career journey. It is also a means to help them build efficient career strategies.
A work routine shouldn't feel like a trench; a place where one goes each day to make sure they can bring home a check. Whether a person are searching for a better career prospect or confused about the next move in their career track, then a career strategist could help guide them with valuable advice.
Many individuals, even in this age of “job-hopping,” seek for a career they can commit to. Making this sort of career commitment demands research-analysis, goal setting, and education.
How can a career counselor help?
A career counselor holds an advanced education degree in guiding and counseling and specializes in helping individuals to formulate and follow through with their life and career plans. An effective career strategy produces a lively and committed workforce. As per the National Career Development Association and several other specialists, counselors tailor career strategies relying upon the client and can give numerous services intended to help individuals searching for a fresh start or a new direction. This includes:
- Offering tests, inventories & experimental activities to evaluate skills, interests, and prospects.
- Giving career counseling sessions to individuals, helping them clarify short and long term career goals.
- Developing personalized career strategies.
- Supporting transitions by giving individuals the confidence to alter their job or profession.
- Enhance interview, negotiation, and career progression skills.
- Develop decision-making and on duty human relationships skills.
- Helping people experiencing work loss, career shift, and job stress.
- Helping refine resumes and prepare job-hunting plans and strategies.
Find a career counselor
There are occasions in life when people are stuck terribly by an unexpected, job or career related struggle, and they become confused as what to do next. In times like this, individuals can benefit a lot from the help of a professional. So, take time to research thoroughly and locate the right one and contact the counselors. Here is a list of useful questions to ask a counseling practice:
- What programs do they offer, and how do they work?
- Who will give the assistance, and how experienced that person is?
- What is the success rate of the counselor or agency?
- Is there any contract involved?
- What will be the required financial investment?
Be wary of those proclaiming a one hundred percent success rate or that guarantees huge salaries. There is a chance that these claims are false.
Before exploring the areas that are right for you or going to a career strategist, start focusing on yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, your interests and motivators. Also, you need to consider what do you enjoy doing the most. What motivates you in the workplace?
Counseling is a two-way course in which both the counselor and client are responsible for working together to manage your appointments and follow through with the work demanded to suffice your goals. Before getting started with the professional career counseling, you should think sincerely about your goals by brainstorming some ideas. But you need to remember one thing: a career strategist or counselor will assist you in your decision-making with his/her valuable advice, but will not magically transform your life.
National Board for Certified Counselors
Contact Us for professional help. CALL US TO SCHEDULE A FIRST AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT NOW AT: (713) 904-5222.
Since 1995 our team of experts have provided counseling & coaching for individuals, families and fortune-five corporations alike. We are ready to help you and yours to thrive! Call us to schedule a first available now at: (713) 904-5222